market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planting garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: toni eddleman <tonitime AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planting garlic
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:51:24 -0400

I also plant 500-1000 each year by hand, but just compost or
manure-enhance the top soil on long, 3' wide beds. I then use a dibble to
make all the holes in the row, by types, then go back and drop my cloves
in. Then, i rake topsoil over the planted cloves, water, and mulch.
Done till spring!
Toni
E KY, where it is sure getting windy!
Click for free information on accounting careers, $150 hour potential.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3l692GgfL42dVX0AHmjEa60VOWuAcGgI89Y80uHpd6trfn5K/