market-farming - [Market-farming] planting garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "courtney mcleod" <sunmoonriver AT windstream.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] planting garlic
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:53:26 -0400

I plant 3000 by hand…the only way I know how to do it!  I dig a trench , add chicken poop to it and then plant each clove.  Then cover and then mulch with hay.  That’s my way, not easy but then is it ever?!?!

Courtney

Herb Thyme

Middlefield Oh

Any recommendations for tools and techniques for planting large quantities of garlic? I hope to graduate from planting 50 cloves to more like 500, and wonder if there's a better way than hands and knees with a trowel. This will be a combination of softneck and stiffneck.

thanks.

 --

 Richard Robinson