market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] parsnips words of caution

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] parsnips words of caution
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:08:03 -0400

Thanks for bringing this up--I didn't know about it either. It can also be
caused by parsley, celery, Queen Anne's lace, limes, and a few other plants.
Here are some references on the phenomenon, phytophotodermatitis:

Phytophotodermatitis associated with parsnip picking.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1343418&blobtype=pdf

Phytophotodermatitis
http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic324.htm

--