market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] seed sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] seed sources
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:36:07 -0400

I go with Johnny’s, High Mowing, and Fedco – all northeastern companies. I also like Territorial – Oregon but cool night temps so similar, and Turtle Tree (NY, can buy through Peaceful Valley). If I lived in CA I’d probably use Peaceful Valley as a main source. For flower seed I use Germania. If I’m feeling cheap I get some from E&R. I try to limit myself because every time I give in a order just one particular item I can’t find elsewhere, as long as I’m paying shipping I buy more and more. There are quite a few newer, smaller companies that are probably very good, but as I said, to discipline myself, I limit the number I am buying from.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead

Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe