market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] seed sources

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] seed sources
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:00:23 -0400

I am a price shopper, and I have yet to find someone shipping bad product as a result of low price. My favorite would be Fedco Seeds, an offspring of MOFGA, and even though my cabbage patch has turned out to be brussels sprouts this year, they are still great. In the area of vegetables, next would be Stokes, Harris, Shumway, and Seedway, in no particular order. Johnnys is great and nearby, but I prefer to buy their research from cheaper sources unless I am desperate, or remembering that they are beside the best Deli in Maine.

MAsteveINE

just out of curiosity, what are people's favorite seed companies(for bulk
seed) and why?
I am still working on this one!

--
Sarah E Wiederkehr