market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Scallions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Shawnee Flowerfarmer <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Scallions
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:16:00 -0500

Ditto the message below.  Plus, a recipe that features garlic scallions/green garlic helps the marketing...Shawnee, zone 5

Sure, we do that every year.  Actually, we just take the bulbs that were too small to sell or use for seed and plant the entire bulbs in fall at the same time we plant the regular garlic crop.  In the spring the bulbs sprout clumps of nice scallions that shoot up through the mulch, and we pull them for an early Farmers Market product.  We sell them a dollar a dozen and bring them in till almost scape time.
==Dave Campbell / Tiffin IA/ Zone 5

Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends. Start sharing.