market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Scallions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Scallions
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 06:35:04 -0400

I probably mentioned this earlier, but I had a whole bed of garlic left unharvested last season and this spring it is all head-based garlic scallions. Growth has been very even and the scallions are great. Actually, at this point in time, starting to get 'too big,' even from heads. Good stuff, on par with the legendary local ramps, I'd have to say. -Allan in Shepherdstown, WV