market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Scallions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dave & Katharine Campbell" <dave.kathy AT att.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic Scallions
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 13:56:45 +0000

Sure, we do that every year.  Actually, we just take the bulbs that were too small to sell or use for seed and plant the entire bulbs in fall at the same time we plant the regular garlic crop.  In the spring the bulbs sprout clumps of nice scallions that shoot up through the mulch, and we pull them for an early Farmers Market product.  We sell them a dollar a dozen and bring them in till almost scape time.
==Dave Campbell / Tiffin IA/ Zone 5
-------------- Original message from "Ploughshare" <gjbrever AT midwestinfo.net>: --------------