market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing experiences

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Errol Castens" <castens AT nepower.coop>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing experiences
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:42:27 -0500 (CDT)

John, your farm name brings to mind the old saw about the woman who called
the Highway Department and asked them to move the DEER CROSSING sign that
they'd put up near her house because she didn't want the deer crossing
there anymore. Maybe your deer think "Doe Run Farm" means they're supposed
to have the run of the place?

Errol Castens
Oxford, Mississippi
Zone 7 officially, Zone 8 for the past several years

On Thu, May 8, 2008 4:46 pm, Doerunfarmtn AT aol.com said:
> We are going to purchase deer fencing (plastic mesh type). Does anyone
have suggestions as to the height necessary to do the best job of
prevention? I think there are both 7 and 9 foot heights. We have used
electric fencing, but they still jump over the fence or crawl through it
to decimate our crops at some point every year. Thank you for all
opinions. John, Doe Run Farm, TN.