market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Why do it II

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Why do it II
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:21:09 -0500

It also is critical to have a good market at a reasonable distance.  Too many people buy property in a very rural area because it is less expensive, then find they have to drive 100 miles or more to get to a market where they can get a decent price for their efforts.  That drive, especially at today's and tomorrow's fuel prices soon makes the "land bargain" look a lot less attractive.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm