market-farming - [Market-farming] ground hogs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Franklin W. Davis" <knarfme AT comcast.net>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ground hogs
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:57:59 -0400

  Hi Robert...over the years...over fifty growing things...I have caught many ground hogs in a hav-a-hart trap. I have found that the only time I could catch them...most of the time... was in the spring when they first came out of their burrows. Didn't take much to lure them into the trap then. Later in the spring when things were growing to alittle they would bypass the trap and chow down on whatever took their fancy in the garden...;-)
  I have grown things in many locations over the years...so one of the first things I  do is find out what kind(s) of varmints I would have a problem with...and map out a method of handling them. Better to do it that way then find yourself between a rock and a hard place later in the growing season. Besides shooting ground hogs I have found smoke bombs...made for killing varmints...work well. Cos you have to search around and find their burrows. Franklin