market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:53:31 -0400

Elsie,
Your heart-felt email was much appreciated by me. I've raised a family on a
very tight budget, but managed to scrape by without having to put up with
our dehumanizing government's helping hand. Thank goodness my family could
help us thru some rough spots (not everyone is so fortunate). At farmers
markets I have tried to help those where it was evident that they could use
a hand. I'm sure most other farmers try to do the same, but it’s hard to
recognize all that need help. The billions upon billions we spend on
corporate give-aways and wars might be better spent on assuring that our
babies receive good fresh nutrition. As a side note, you mentioned the
"essential" part of a baby's diet and hope you were making reference to the
criminal encouragement of manufacturers to by a product that is seldom
preferable to "momma's" formula.
Breck