market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:47:36 -0400

On Mar 24, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Heirloom Grower wrote:

My babies would have gone hungry if I had not dug up and planted a garden in my back yard.

Speaking of which -- if any of you have leftover old vegetable seed from previous years that still has some germination in it, but which may not germinate well enough for you to rely on it for a market crop, call your local food pantry. Here, at least, the food pantry has clients who do have garden space and will plant the seed, and are glad to get it.