market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] canopy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kate Halstead" <rockyprairie AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <farmersue AT hughes.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] canopy
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:11:43 -0700

Sue,

That's interesting that you've had good luck with the Costco Caravan. That's
what I replaced my original Ez-up with and it didn't last thought one market
before the top plastic mushroom that holds the center up snapped off and
I've jury rigged it ever since. I only use mine once a week during market
season and the joints got sticky and harder to shake out the first season.
One of the legs keeps collapsing since the spring-loaded peg must have a
weak spring and it will spontaneously decide to shorten itself, with or
without wind. Embarrassing pain in the rear depending on when it decides to
collapse itself.

I've been able to get my original Ez-up back and am going to replace the
cover with a new one ($100 from EZ-up) and start using it again. Tired of
fighting the inferior quality of the Caravan. Hope others have better luck,
maybe I just got a bum one.

Kate