market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Why do it

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Why do it
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:27:28 -0400

Production is one thing. Business management is another thing. You need really good business planning and management skills to farm profitably. Know when to invest in something and when to do it on the cheap. Find some small farmers who are successful and talk with them, work with them, learn from them.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used."  - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Francis Moore Lappe