market-farming - [Market-farming] Livestock pumpkins

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: <APPPAplus AT yahoogroups.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Livestock pumpkins
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:09:33 -0500

Anyone have suggestions of pumpkins for poultry feed, warm zone 4 cool zone
5? Will be planting some sugar beets, lots of clover, excess turnip seed,
etc for chickens, ducks, geese. Looking to reduce winter feed bill. Pumpkin
growers around here grow Howden a lot, if that gives some season comparison.
Would like lots of tonnage but the individual pumpkins don't need to be
large. Thanks.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com

Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Francis
Moore Lappe