market-farming - [Market-farming] voles in the hoophouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: DFORD8N AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] voles in the hoophouse
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:11:05 EST

Does anybody have suggestions for getting rid of an infestation of voles in a hoophouse?

I think I remember somebody on this list talk about making a trap with a mix of oatmeal and molasses in a bucket, with a ramp from the ground to the lip of the bucket. I think the idea was that the critters would go up the ramp, jump into the bucket to get to the goo and then find themselves trapped, with no alternative but to eat their way into vole heaven as they sank in the muck.

Does anybody remember this, or have any other suggestions?

Dave in West Virginia