market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pre-emergents

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pre-emergents
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:51:26 -0600

Thanks for the info Toni.  I've tried to get some corn gluten, but couldn't find it around here.  No one had even heard of it and looked at me kind of funny.  Is it a liquid?  Spraying is the only way I have to put it down.  How much would it take for about 5 acres?  How did you put yours down?  Actually, I was hoping someone could recommend something a little more traditional and easier to find.

Around here, Prowl and Treflan are used a lot, but after reading the label, I can only use these for a few things like beans, peas, corn, and okra, but neither could be used for squash, pumpkins, melons, or cucumbers.  Surely there's something out there that's safe for general use in vegetable gardens and melon patches.

Thanks
TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b