market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] please tell us where you farm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, lists AT rhomestead.com
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] please tell us where you farm
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:46:31 -0500

On Jan 25, 2008, at 1:04 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

<x-tad-smaller>A reminder - please include your location in your posts. Frequently, the response is dependent on the location. It also can lead to better local networks.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>For example, I see Huntingfool306 is from NY. I will contact them offlist to see how close we are. Also, variety recommendations, equipment or service recommendations, etc are frequently geographically specific.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Thank you.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>Beth Spaugh</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Rehoboth Homestead</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Peru NY</x-tad-smaller>

An easy way to remember to do this is to put your location in the signature you use for this list (as Beth did above, and as I do).

I also find it really helpful, not only in responses but in making sense of the information given (is the person reporting that something's "very hardy" in Virginia or in Maine?) And there are so many posters, on this and on other lists I get, that if you answered that question in an earlier post I'm often not going to remember where you are while reading a current post. If the info's in the signature, then it's always there to remind me.