market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Boycott Johnny's Seeds! Re: Power grab at SeedSavers Exchange -[Fwd: [permaculture] changes at seed saver's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Boycott Johnny's Seeds! Re: Power grab at SeedSavers Exchange -[Fwd: [permaculture] changes at seed saver's
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:38:54 -0500

On Jan 20, 2008, at 2:22 PM, Robin Follette wrote:

So now I'm sitting on my Johnny's order and unsure of what to do. It's a
small order in comparison to what other market gardeners place but it's
still my order, my money and my support or non-support.

Anyone else have thoughts?

I have Kent Whealy's letter; have been to the SSE site; and ha've been reading quite a bit on this on some of the forums mentioned.

I've concluded that at this point I don't know what's going on there.

Rob Johnston often shows up at NOFA-NY conferences, and I'll be going to one soon. I'll try to talk to him about it then.

I would point out that it's now the employees who own Johnny's, so that's who you'd be boycotting, not Rob Johnston or the SSE board; and that Kent Whealy himself, in the letter, specifically asked people not to boycott SSE. So I'm strongly inclined to not boycott either of them; even if it turns out that the SSE board is actually entirely out of line.