market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Boycott Johnny's Seeds! Re: Power grab at SeedSavers Exchange -[Fwd: [permaculture] changes at seed saver's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Boycott Johnny's Seeds! Re: Power grab at SeedSavers Exchange -[Fwd: [permaculture] changes at seed saver's
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:35:28 -0500

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:22:26 -0500, you wrote:

>So now I'm sitting on my Johnny's order and unsure of what to do. It's a
>small order in comparison to what other market gardeners place but it's
>still my order, my money and my support or non-support.
>
>Anyone else have thoughts?

Yep. My thoughts:

1. We don't know the whole (and true) story.
2. We probably never will.
3. In any event, Rob Johnston is selling or has already sold his company
to its employees.

I'd go ahead and order from Johnny's.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania

Good planets are hard to find; let's take care of
the one we have.