market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] fungal compost?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maury sheets" <maurysheets AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] fungal compost?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:48:24 -0500

Brian stated: “In some areas green grass clippings from landscapers/etc. can be incorporated with horse bedding to good result.”

Brian, I think John wanted to be as organic as possible since he was concerned about chemicals in the poultry manure.  Therefore grass clippings from landscapers etc .are not a good idea.  In New Jersey, grass clippings are handled as hazardous waste due to the tremendous amounts of pesticides and herbicides used by landscapers and homeowners.  Unless I knew the yard the grass clippings were coming from, I would not use them.

Maury

logo email smallSustainably producing greens in the Northeast.