market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pricing my garlic powder and "buds"?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pricing my garlic powder and "buds"?
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:53:42 -0400

I sell mine for $3.50 an ounce in bags. If I were putting it in jars I would raise the price to $4.00, at least.

You may be able to get $6 o $7 an ounce if nicely presented, especially if you point out there are 19(!) different kinds of garlic in each jar.

Lucy

tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

Hi All,
I make some great garlic powder from a mix of about 19 garlics that
we grow. I am wondering what to price it at for sale tomorrow eve? I
plan to sell it in some shaker bottles that i bought for .50 each, as i
have no bags to hold it. What do you think i should charge for this
labor-intensive stuff? Also, all the folk i gave it to for Xmas have run
out and want more now!
Thanks,
Toni in E KY..........where prices are far too low on most things (
compared to my 45 years in Central CA!!)