market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The hatfield transplanter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The hatfield transplanter
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 00:31:55 GMT

We also bought the smaller one. Absolutely loved it! We put out 600
broccoli transplants in an hour. So, I ordered the other two sizes as
well! They were on back order so we missed using them for tomatoes,
but they did get here on time to do squash, cukes, and melons. My
gosh. Greatest things EVER! They really do save so much time, and the
knees and back.
And, I agree. They do work better in a fine seed bed but we have some
pretty rough ground and we managed to get everything in. I have
noticed that if plants get a little leggy it's a little trickier to
plant, but other than that, no complaints at all.
Does anyone else have tools or equipment that they just couldn't live
without? We are looking for cultivator type things right now, and
can't decide what to buy. Anything that would save many hours hoeing
would be wonderful!
Carla