market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] asparagus prices?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] asparagus prices?
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:29:47 -0400

I get 2.99 lb trimmed here. It is growing great this year, once that big
freeze went by! We never have asparagus pests or disease around on our
aparagus since moving to this farm 7 yrs. ago, so i started a nursery bed
for increasing it each year. Do any of you happen to know what
percentage of asparagus plants will be female from seed? These seed come
from a planting of about 150 crowns that were the "all male" Jersey
Knight and Jersey Giant. Have any of you started yours from seed (the
slowww way)?
Thanks,
Toni