market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cover Cropping Between Plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cover Cropping Between Plastic
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:01:59 -0400

A cover crop, like the weeds along the edges of poly will consume a surprising amount of the food and water that is under the poly.

For mowing between crop rows you will need to have a bagger or a rear discharge, else you will smother your young crop on the plastic.

My experiments have left me with with bear ground as the easiest to work with YMMV.

MAsteveINE