market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cover Cropping Between Plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sam White <cedarrockcsa AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cover Cropping Between Plastic
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 07:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

Lancaster Farming just had a article on this two weeks
ago.

They suggested using Crimson Clover(not a perennial)
and if you want, rye or buckwheat mixed in. But if
you use buckwheat, you definitely have to mow it or it
will get out of control. Tomatoes saw a 10% yield
increase with using the Crimson Clover in between the
plastic rows.

They suggested mowing the cover crop throughout the
season, no matter which of these above you use.

Sam