market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic rotation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic rotation
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:45:01 -0400

Hi Elaine,
I grow quite alot of garlic varieties, most of which get to good sized
bulbs by harvest. I try to plant them after nitrogen-fixing things like
beans. As i grow more garlic than beans, i also have found that it
doesn't seem to matter, as long as i enhance the beds with compost or
manure and bone meal before planting.
Rain again, and we must wait to get the allium crop into their winter
beds!
Good growing,
Toni in E KY