market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New member/weather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New member/weather
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:12:36 -0400

I think this year we're getting your rain. Wish we could send some of it over that way --

On Sep 7, 2006, at 9:01 PM, Bill Bradshaw wrote:

Carla, Welcome to the list, lots of nice folks here. We are located in East
Texas and are having the same trouble. Very dry and our water source is
about gone. It is a farm pond that holds 14 acre feet of water. Any way pray
for rain. Now about the drip tape. I have done two things that work (1)
After the lines are put out when we plow we cover the lines, this helps a
lot. (2) We have taken 5 gallon buckets and cut them off to about 3" high,
set these around the fields and keep them full of water. (Just to water the
critters) It works. Bill