market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Removing Broken Handle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mark Abner" <wizard1 AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Removing Broken Handle
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:08:30 -0400

Toni
Burning our the handle would soften or aneal the steal in the tool it
would
need to be retempered afterwards or it would be to soft and bend easily
heating to dull red and plunging into water should return it to normal
hardness sort of the opposit of things like copper or brass that you plunge
to soften. I normaly knock out broken handle ends rather than burning them
out. I would hang to tool over the hole in a concrete block or somesuch to
support the tool head and use a hammer a d a peice of flat steel to knock
the broken handle thimble off the tools handle tang.

Mark

BriarPatch Farms and Winery
Ritner KY zone 6b