market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Saving Edamame Seed Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barb Miller <barbmill AT chilitech.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Saving Edamame Seed Questions
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:12:14 -0500 (CDT)

In southern NJ the official soil temp at 6" depth is 50 degrees. I have been
between 48-70 degrees at the two inch depth for the last three weeks. My
early corn seeded March 29th is one inch tall without row covers. Second
seeding April 11 has already begun to germinate... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

I'd like to know what sort of soil temps you PA and mid-Atlantic