market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Forest fire

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lhh AT direcway.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Forest fire
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:54:46 -0500

Title: Re: [Market-farming] Forest fire
Here's the fire alert I received from Weather underground.  We've been getting these once or twice a week now for the past month or so.
Leigh

Fire Weather Advisory

530 PM EST Tue Mar 21 2006

...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
Wednesday afternoon for the entire fire weather forecast area for
gusty northwest winds...low humidity and very dry fuels...

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a
Fire Weather Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday morning
through Wednesday afternoon across western and central
Maryland...eastern West Virginia...northern Virginia...and the
District of Columbia.

With only trace to light amounts of precipitation recorded earlier
today...fuel moistures remain dangerously low across the region.
Northwest winds will increase to near 20 mph sustained after 9 am
EST with gusts between 25 and 30 mph...especially in the
afternoon. These downsloping winds should dry out the lower
atmosphere with relative humidity falling to near 30 percent.
Winds are expected to fall below criteria after 6 PM EST
Wednesday.