market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 37, Issue 21

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Atkerson <jay AT mcreccwb.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 37, Issue 21
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:48:50 -0600

storage

I seem to remember a recent post describing the burying of a shipping
container or trailer for use as a root cellar. I can't seem to find it.
If you are out there please repost. Thanks.
Several years ago I read where a guy in Missouri salvaged old refrigerators
and buried them in a hillside with the door up. He then put a tarp over the
door and stacked bales of straw on the tarp. He claimed to get three or four
years of root cellar use before the metal rusted away.

Jay