market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest Deer Deterrent

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: wizard1 AT kih.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest Deer Deterrent
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:53:14 -0500

On Feb 19, 2006, at 12:17 PM, MARK A. ABNER wrote:

Liz
Let me know if you find any cougar tracks. This is one concern that is at
least prevelant to me as there are a couple of longtailed cats documented
in the area . So far I have had no predation on my sheep from either
coyotes or cats but I wonder if a cougar screem might bring in the locals
to she who the new cat in town is and when the get there staying for lunch.
Just a thought I dont know if you have cats in your area.

Mark

I had wondered the same thing about predator urines used as repellents. Does anybody know if these are likely to attract the predators in question?

We certainly have coyote and we almost certainly have an occasional cougar (or a resident but usually very well hidden cougar).