market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Decomposing Hay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Decomposing Hay
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:55:51 -0700

It's likely the pile didn't stay uniformly moist throughout long enough, or
there wasn't enough nitrogen-rich material mixed in to do the whole job. Aged
animal manure or green manures that have been out in the weather a while will
lose most of their nitrogen.

paul, tradingpost AT gilanet.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoilmakersGrowing/