market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 36, Issue 44

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Velta Mack <velta AT viclink.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 36, Issue 44
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:12:23 -0700

> How come nonoe of us know anything about the pressure treated wood
> the EPA allowed to replace the arsenic treated wood that none of us
> want to use?

It was used as the floor sills for my new house and they used a unique
method to suspend the floor joists from the sills. Apparently the pressure
treatment causes corrosion of ordinary nails. The framing contractor used
stainless steel nails and put heavy felt paper between the sills and the
floor joists. He said that floors in million dollar homes have fallen in
because the nails corroded and this was corroborated by a building inspector
friend.

Velta Mack - Sialia Llamas - Sheridan, OR