market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mychorrizal Innoculants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mychorrizal Innoculants
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:17:16 -0500

Jeff, maybe people will get some good information at http://www.mycorrhizae.com/, which is the home of "Mr Mycorrhizae."

I found about this page last year through Elaine Ingham. She considers Dr Amarantha to be the final authority on mycorrhizae was asking Elaine about the value of mycorrhizae with annual crops. She told me that mycorrhizae is positive with some, neutral with others and outright negative (parasitic) with others.

I've had opportunities in the past 3 years to experiment with mycorrhizae in the CSA garden and with strawberries. Last year we worked extensively with our tomatoes, from seed on. I hate to say it, friends, but I have yet to see ANY benefits on our vegetables. Of course, if you don't need mycorrhizae supplementation, you're not going to see a difference when you apply additional mycorrhizae.

I've heard many stories about mycorrhizae applications boosting the growth and quality of woody plants.

-Allan