market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Price Standards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "william jones" <williamtgreat AT zcloud.net>
  • To: "Jay Gee" <jaygee AT jghelp.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Price Standards
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:30:26 -0500

$75 for a meal. I'm glad you said you are not a farmer. Dinner out is a
Whopper JR and senior drink. $1.29 with tax, at Burger King next to our
market.

At the smaller markets like ours the market mgr.'s, board members etc. are
all volunteers. We have to use the KISS method. Refunds are too complicated.
High initial fees keep out some of the very people we want to help get
started. Quido the knee cap buster retired so we can't use him on the "cut
throaters". We are private, maybe some stiff rules about low balling prices.
I hate rules they tend to confine you and come back around and bite you on
the backside.

All that said, we do need a workable solution to the "cut throaters". Keep
the ideas coming. Looking for many solutions. Many markets mean many
different solutions. One may work at our/your market another at someone
else's market.

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net