market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT williams-net.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:54:38 -0400

K:Do you actually know of any organic products being grown on poor soil?
My understanding of the  certification process in Massachusetts is that soil condition is a  quantifiable point.

Oldtimin:Another point I wnt to make on this is that the big difference between conventional and organic is that organic is growing in good soil, making the soil healthy. Conventional farming is done on poor soil, it makes good soil bad, organic can make bad soil good.