market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GreenMrkt AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Latest tirade against organics
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:32:07 EDT

Hasn't it been proven that organic foods contain more essentail nutrients?
Since we would be eating more nutritious food wouldn't we eat less of it?
I know that I don't have sugar or carb cravings when I put more vital food into my body, so wouldn't we need to grow less wheat, less sugar, less corn?
Doesn't most of the corn and other grains go to raising meat?
Wouldn't that figure into how much of any ag commodity we need to raise for human consumption? Given that beef consumtion is declining in the US and is somewhat of a non food in most other places?

Blessings to you all

Karen Wallman

Green Market Farm Stores

710 Daniel Shays Hwy.