market-farming - [Market-farming] Treated Wood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Treated Wood
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:37:14 -0400

Folks -

I haven't been keeping up and usually have a local source for fence posts but now need a number immediately.

Are there now fence posts avaialable at places like LOWES that are safe to use in organic gardens? Are these post approved for use on certified farms?

I understood that something like that was coming along, but haven't seen it myself, nor do I know if it 'came to pass.'

Thanks -Allan