market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] seeking good irrigation supply company

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William B. Evans" <wbe AT ra.msstate.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] seeking good irrigation supply company
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:00:00 -0000

Nan,

         Irrigation-Mart in NW Louisiana is a main drip irrigation supplier here (irrigation-mart.com).  For raised beds, a good mid- to high-end garden center/landscape company could help too.  Your Area Hort Agent, Wayne Porter, is very good and may be able to help or offer some leads.
        We use medium grade drip tape here with 12 in. emitter spacing here for our  20 X 5 highly-amended display beds, three lines spaced long ways, well water, and in-line filtration with an access point for fertilizer injection.  Boxes are plumbed at the end with underground PVC.  One can valve each box and or each line in the box.
        For the self-learners, T-Systems (T-Tape) and the others, plus many extension services all have good publications on design for field and garden/raised beds.

Bill