market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hoophouse blower help

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Tannen" <david AT centerville.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hoophouse blower help
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:16:39 -0500

Marcy,

Just make a small cut where the part is now nesting.  You can easily repair the cut with poly cover mending tape.  It is available at many greenhouse supply places and works very well.  I have used it many times for your present problem and many other accidental holes.  Below are 2 reccommendations I saved from this list.

David

Poly Cover Mending Tape.  We have been using a source from Colo. for a lot of
our misc. items like that.  Their web site is www.hydro-gardens.com.  Prices
are very competive.  Order a catalog from them.  We use their sticky trap's
for the greenhouses. Works great and really have great service from them.

Phil
FarmTek  (800) 327-6835  sells two types of repair tape:

  Clear 8 mil film tape (2" x 108")   $6.91   #LJ7570
  SuperTape - woven polyethylene fabric tape for repairing curtains, tarps
etc. (it is similar to but not as heavy as the end walls on FarmTek high
tunnels)
   3" x 60'   $19.95   #101616   or    6" x 60'   $27.95   #102376

I have used both of these products.  The 8 mil film is good for small holes
or cuts on greenhouse poly film.  The Super tape is much heavier and
stronger.  If you have a large tear, the 6" wide would give better
protection.   Order both and see which one you like, plus it's good to have
both types of tape on hand in case a repair is necessary.  A patch on the
inside and outside is even better, especially if there is a hole  or wide
cut to cover so the tape can stick together.

Dennis Hatfield
Pierce City, Mo