market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] getting a new farm insured

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MARK A. ABNER" <wizard1 AT kih.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] getting a new farm insured
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:49:27 -0400

Lynn and Lucy
I have spoken to my farm bureau agent about liability coverage once I
get
the point of doing value added sales and retail grocery level whole sale. I
was surprised at the cost but on the other end from what you are seeing I
think the numbers for a million dollar liability policy on products
produced on the farm from primarily farm raised products was in the
neighborhood of 500 bucks a year. Much cheaper than insuring a teenager to
drive the family car : )

Mark A Abner
BriarPatch Farms and Winery
Ritner KY