market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] metal pipe high tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] metal pipe high tunnels
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:36:32 -0400

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:30:19 -0400, you wrote:

>Wouldn't the Metal Frame Be in the ground? If so, it's grounded and It
>would be acting like a grounding rod by design. Keep in mind that I'm
>no electrician, ( I have frizzy hair at times to prove it!).

I was just going to post the exact same thing.

I'm no expert either, and don't count on this.... but I
think it is true.

Also, I wonder whether lightning preferentially strikes
metal (metal rather than ... wood or PVC or something else)?
I thought anything high up (especially alone) was at risk?

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.