market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Brown Recluse spiders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mmaysen" <mmaysen AT alltel.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Brown Recluse spiders
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:44:47 -0500

Thanks for the info Joe and Marty. Looks like we'll have to spray as we
have been finding quite a few each day for the past week.
I just got hold of our nearest neighbor, and she said they began having
problems with them 2 years ago. They had infestations in the attic and
basement.. ugh!
thanks again,
MeLani

--Hope this site helps. Scroll down to the "Control" section.
--http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Entomology/entfacts/struct/ef631.htm
-- Good luck
-- Joe
--When I find them in my bedroom next to my bed I get a clear
--plastic cup and
--a stiff piece of paper. I put the cup over the spider and
--slide the paper
--under the cup to keep it inside. Then I take the spider
--outside and let it
--loose.
--I find that the spider population seems to rise as the click
--beetles make
--their appearance. The click beetles keep me awake with their
--clicking when
--they get caught in the webs the spiders spin along the floor.
--Frequent dust
--mopping seems to eliminate the spiders and the clicking.
--Marty Kraft