market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Brown Recluse spiders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Brown Recluse spiders
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 04:23:49 -0500

When I find them in my bedroom next to my bed I get a clear plastic cup and
a stiff piece of paper. I put the cup over the spider and slide the paper
under the cup to keep it inside. Then I take the spider outside and let it
loose.

I find that the spider population seems to rise as the click beetles make
their appearance. The click beetles keep me awake with their clicking when
they get caught in the webs the spiders spin along the floor. Frequent dust
mopping seems to eliminate the spiders and the clicking.

Marty Kraft