market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Improving the sweetness of strawberries (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nancy Carey <cedarinfo AT cedar-guild.com>
  • To: 1corey AT bellsouth.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Improving the sweetness of strawberries (?)
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:18:15 -0700

James H. Corey wrote:

My other variety is Sweet Charlie, which is all I use now - 9000 plants each
year! I use a drip system, and I mix my nutrients up in barrels with water,
so I add the calcium (liquid) and the potassium (granular) into the water.

That's a great idea by the way - pie strawberries, jam and preserve
strawberries - anything with a LOT of sugar!

Good luck!
Pam

Do you mean you replant every year?!! Why, if you do?
Thank you, Nancy
The Carey Farm