market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Improving the sweetness of strawberries (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "James H. Corey" <1corey AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Improving the sweetness of strawberries (?)
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:05:52 -0400

Allan,

I tried Seascape for a season, and while the berries were huge, and a
really nice dark blood red color, I never could get the sweet flavor from
them. My customers, while impressed with their size, preferred my other
variety, so I ditched them after one year. I did try adding potassium
and calcium which work nicely on other varieties, but did not improve the
Seascape.

Pam
Rose Hill Plantation