market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomato rebar length

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Errol Castens" <castens AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomato rebar length
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:02:52 -0500

Sorry I was slow in replying, but Betsy was exactly right.

Blessings,
errol
Oxford, Mississippi

Betsy wrote:

I am not Errol, but I think what he was referring to is frequently called a “handyman” or “Highlift” jack. It is usually about 4 feet tall (or more) and is very heavy duty.

After Tom wrote:

Errol,

Just what is a 'farm jack?'

Tom

After Errol wrote:

It's probably freaking out passersby, but I have some 10' rebar pounded about two feet into the ground for tomatoes. (A farm jack makes pulling them out pretty pain-free.)